[UFO Chicago] Apache case-insensitive username matching with .htaccess directives?

Eric Ellington e.ellington at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:11:44 PDT 2009

I am not sure if Apache has the built in functionality you seek, but
can't you just use some scripting to achieve your goal? Are you using
anything more than Apache on your web server such as perl, php, asp,
jsp, etc? If so, I believe all of those languages have string
functions / methods tolower() or tocaps() or some variation of such
functions.

You can make a simple log in page and format the user data however you
please. If you are only using Apache and don't want a dynamic web page
generator, javascript should be able to do the work too.

Eric