[UFO Chicago] Users Of Free Operating Systems Meets This Thursday, 8p @ 4229 W Irving Park

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Oct 22 17:51:34 PDT 2008

On Wed, October 22, 2008 4:48 pm, Jordan Bettis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 07:09:26PM -0700, Brian Sobolak wrote:
>>
>> This Thursday is a big UFO meeting day.  Join us for fun and
>> conversation
>> about many subjects related to open-source software.
>>
>> We meet at 8pm at 4229 W Irving Park, a Golden Nugget.  Meeting is over
>> when the last person leaves.
>>
>> More info:  http://ufo.chicago.il.us/
>
> Hi. I've just heard there's supposed to be a big nerdfeast at the
> Fireside Grill:
>
> 5739 N Ravenswood Ave # 1
> Chicago, IL 60660
>
> The format is sit around a table and eat and have angry opinions which
> I think we're all old hats at, and the groups attending are ChyPy and
> ChicagoLUG.
>
> The guys at Imagescape have been talking it up so I thought I'd see if
> we'd want to make the UFO meeting tomorrow a field trip.

I'm not opposed to the idea.  Not this time though.

The Fireside is not convenient to public transportation (the Peterson bus
doesn't count) and I'd need to have more time to plan than the day before.

You're free to do whatever you please.  But I'd really rather announce it
*at* the meeting so for an upcoming event.  So I guess I'll be at the
nugget tomorrow...