OT: Books mentioned at the meeting (was Re: [UFO Chicago] 5th Thursday?)

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Sat Mar 31 08:51:23 PDT 2007

Brian Sobolak wrote:

> This Thursday would be a 5th Thursday?  Any interest in an "off-site"
> meeting?

To follow up on the books I mentioned at the meeting that night:

"Oil On the Brain" by Lisa Margonelli

This was one of the first times I was reading non-fiction and couldn't
put it down.  The topic is fascinating, and her writing was fantastic
and captivating, not something that often happens with non-fiction.

crappy flash-based book homepage:
http://www.oilonthebrain.com/

amazon page:
<http://www.amazon.com/Oil-Brain-Adventures-Pump-Pipeline/dp/0385511450>

I own it and would happily share if someone is keen to read it.

The other book is "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan.
<http://www.michaelpollan.com/omnivore.php>

It was good, but too long and slightly whiny.  The first chapter on corn
was great.