[UFO Chicago] Best Buy buys Speakeasy

sten lists at redboy.cx
Wed Mar 28 08:39:41 PDT 2007

On 3/28/2007, "Chris McAvoy" <chris.mcavoy at gmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, I'm a current SpeakEasy customer.  This was disappointing news
>to me.  That said, I've been thinking about getting a cheaper service.
> I don't host sites from home anymore, so I don't need a static IP or
>speakeasy style service.  Any suggestions?

ATT is huge and evil and their wifi router is is pile of crap, but the
service more or less works. Earthlink is still around. I used Cyberonic
for a while, but my inside wiring is horrid and replacing it would be
too expensive, so I'm on Comcast for the moment. Sprint is supposed to
be rolling out WiMax in Chicago this year, but its all vapor for the
moment. /me checks around for the next muni-wifi meeting

Sten