[UFO Chicago] BeOS is dead, long live Haiku

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Sat Jan 20 14:52:22 PST 2007

I believe someone at the last meeting was talking about trying to run
BeOS on older hardware.  I was playing around today looking for VMs to
try and found this:

<http://haiku-os.org/>

It's an open source (MIT license) replacement for BeOS.  I'm running the
virtual machine, and it's neat-looking, but I don't think it's ready yet
to run much of anything.  But might be worth a look.

VMWare is a decent way to try out distros too, since many of them come
configured and actually save their state unlike a LiveCD.