[UFO Chicago] Meeting Followup--Wall Wart Transformers

Richard Lynch ceo at l-i-e.com
Fri Apr 20 14:14:11 PDT 2007

Radio Shack also used to sell one that came with 5 common plugs.

I had one for awhile, to run my DiskMan, years ago...

Worked okay for that.

I wouldn't trust one of these things for something expensive like a
laptop though, honestly...

I mean, Radio Shack quality dropped a huge amount back in the 70s or
so...

On Fri, April 13, 2007 8:44 am, Neil R. Ormos wrote:
> The "Universal" wall-wart transformer I mentioned
> at the meeting last night:
>
>    <http://www.radioshack.com/sm-3-12vdc-800ma-regulated-ac-to-dc-adapter--pi-2049691.html>
>
> Outrageously priced at $19.
>
> Note that you need to get the correct adaptor plug
> for your device--one comes free with the
> purchase--and you need to carefully ensure that
> the polarity of the adaptor plug is correct.
>
> A good source for a wide variety of wall-wart
> transformers (and other surplus electronics):
>
>    <http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/790/Transformers.html>
>
> Even with the steep $7 shipping/handling charge, a
> transformer from these guys is likely to be less
> expensive than the "Universal" wall-wart from
> Radio Shack, if you don't mind the wait.
>
> --Neil

Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?
http://cdbaby.com/browse/from/lynch