[UFO Chicago] Re: Comcast installs [was: Comcast Cuts Off Bandwidth Hogs]

Carey Tyler Schug SqrFolkDnc at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 12:37:21 PDT 2007

Their procedures must have changed.  Yes they needed a windows/IE
computer (to set the Comcast password and install their agent software),
but later I stuck a Linux firewall in between and everything still
works, except when I bring up that windows computer the Comcast software
agent fails to connect.  It hasn't connected for 3-4 (?) years but still
tries....  IIRC, this was before they gave out a free anti-virus
program, maybe that's what they need the mac address for.

--
--Carey Tyler Schug