[UFO Chicago] web development opinions needed.

jordanb at hafd.org jordanb at hafd.org
Sat Sep 23 21:45:18 PDT 2006

Greg Groth said:
> elements.  These forms can take up to 5 minutes to render in a browser,
> but my co-workers are happy because it can take 20-24 man hours to do
> this stuff by hand.  I could break up the form into multiple pages to
> increase rendering speed, but overall it would take just as long to
> render 10 large pages as 1 gigantic one.

See my browser would swap and crap out on the gigantic page but it would
actually load the small one.

This really sounds like something that should be done not using the web.
There are lots of things that would be better suited for this. Are your
coworkers using Windows? Why not make a program in Access that operates
a form that does this? Or heck, an Excel spreadsheet.

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.
  <http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us>