[UFO Chicago] Anyone here use Horde?

Richard Lynch ceo at l-i-e.com
Sat Nov 18 17:28:47 PST 2006

On Sat, November 18, 2006 11:02 am, Brian Sobolak wrote:
> Greg Groth wrote:
>> Anybody here use Horde, the web/groupware suite?  I have some
>> questions
>> about it's workings that are probably painfully obvious, yet I can't
>> find the answers to.  I tried the Horde mailing list, but haven't
>> gotten
>> a response.
>>
> I was under the impression that Horde was a massive beast, a giant
> monster of PHP madness.  What do you use it for?
>
> You can always ask, but we can't promise an answer.

I've met the Horde guy and all, but that don't really help, as I've
never actually used Horde.

My Swiss Cheese memory says he re-wrote it all and re-birthed it as
IMP, but I don't use that either.

I even have a vague recollection of him putting IMP into some other
form, perhaps in PEAR.

If all else fails, try joining the low-volume Chicago PHP User Group
and asking there:
http://chiphpug.php.net/

Your next escalation is posting to PHP-General, which does not
actually require a subscription, last I checked, as the sheer volume
on that list mitigates against the subscribe-to-answer-a-question
model.

You've also got pretty decent odds that the author[s] of Horde would
be at php|tek
http://phparch.com/tek
:-)

Though I'm sure attending that just to sort out a groupware issue is
not really a viable option :-)

Still, it might be a deciding factor.  For sure, you'd be able to pick
people's brains about Horde and its high-level pros and cons, if not
sort out the low-level issues of code changes...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?