[UFO Chicago] treo vs blackberry?

Neil R. Ormos ormos at ripco.com
Sun Aug 6 19:58:15 PDT 2006

Netfortius wrote:
> Brian Sobolak wrote:

>> I know this is annoyingly broad, but can anyone
>> speak about the relative merits of a Treo vs a
>> Blackberry?

>> Are there other devices I should consider if I
>> want email in my pocket?

> [ . . . ] I have acquired a Nokia E61, and I
> have not looked back to any of my previous
> devices since [ . . . ]  As a PDA, I have never,
> ever seen anything this robust (browser, email,
> sync-ing, apps, etc.) and useful, either.
> [ . . . ]

I've been watching the E61 and I have been
interested to read that it is receiving mostly
good reviews from users.  The Symbian operating
system the E61 runs is a descendant of EPOC, which
was the OS on the Psion Series 5 and Series 7
handheld computers.  I had a Series 5, and I found
EPOC (including its bundled applications) easy to
use and generally a pleasant experience, and I was
very disappointed when my Series 5 gave up the
ghost.  Symbian has a huge share of the market for
PDA phones in Europe but its adoption in the US
has been sluggish.

--Neil