[UFO Chicago] Re:Email in the workplace

Politik Durden politikdurden at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 18:37:39 PDT 2006

I work in a call center with about 60-70 phone reps and prolly a total of 200+ total  workstations, so yea our admins are BIG on security. From the desktop, most personal content is blocked. Personal mail, blogs, myspace, etc, everything you'd expect to be blocked, and some things you wouldn't. They use that Proventia product to categorize sites. But no one really minds because we know that it's for the safety of the network. We also have designated workstations on every floor that are unrestricted. So they're not forbidding us to access personal content during work hours, they just don't want us to trash the network doing it. IMO, that's the perfect compromise. I got no complaints.