[UFO Chicago] [Fwd: [chicagobloggers] Done design for free?]

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Tue Sep 20 09:11:42 CDT 2005

I don't know if any of you independent consultants might have some
information or would be willing to lend Lacey a hand.

Subject: [chicagobloggers] Done design for free?
From:    "Lacey Gerard" <lay-c at lay-c.com>
Date:    Mon, September 19, 2005 21:01
To:      chicagobloggers at yahoogroups.com
Cc:      greg at hightechlegion.com

Hi, everyone!

My friend and I teach a tech class with After School Matters, a
non-profit organization in Chicago.  We're planning our class for the
semester and are looking for professionals who have either
built/maintained computers or designed a website for free.  The class
this semester is mainly hardware-centered, so the students will be
learning how to take apart and build computers, but there is a "social
action" application to the class where students get to plug their new
skills directly into the community.

We're looking for a guest speaker (or speakers) to come and talk to our
class about why they decided to do a site/repair a computer for free.  I
know that a lot of us do it to beef up our portfolio or the networking
possibilities, but if there are some of you out there who decided to do
it for other reasons, we're interested in hearing from you.  I  can work
with you about date and time, and my co-instructor and I are very open
minded about these things, so if you're not sure if your particular
altruistic action counts, email me. :)

Reply to me directly, lay-c at lay-c.com if you're interested!

Thanks so much in advance,

Lacey