[UFO Chicago] OT: Rational Clear Case?

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Mar 30 15:57:14 CST 2005

d.w. harks said:
> With carefully-arranged electrons, Brian Sobolak wrote:
>>
>> Has anybody here used IBM (nee Rational) ClearCase product?  I'm
>> interested in personal opinions about it from actual users.
>>
>> (Yes, I have read the Linuxmafia FAQ)
>>
>> brian
>>

> I use it at work. What would you like to know about?

We're actually weighing the pros/cons of VSS vs ClearCase.  We have about
50 developers split more or less evenly btwn the US and India.

Do you like using it?  Does it work well with your development processes?
How often has it screwed up?

(Nevermind the open source products.  I fought that battle and lost
already.  No one seems to have heard of CVS or Subversion, sadly.)

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/