[UFO Chicago] Mtg Follow-up #1 - Location Location Location

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Thu Feb 24 23:46:37 CST 2005

So the first non-Victoria/George's meeting tonight was a success.  We
were there long enough to more or less kindly be shown the door, which
was at 10:30 as advertised.  The parking was appreciated, though there
was some whining from usual suspects about it being hard to get to.

The big problem:  we're in the smoking section.  It's the only section
big enough to hold us.  And there was a stink from the bar, and if
someone had been smoking that night, we would have been affected.

At the post-meeting we took a vote and decided to try next week at the
Golden Nugget.  It has more or less the same features. (To whit:  no
smoking section, parking, close to transit, bonus with less moaning from
Jordan about how long it takes him to get there even though he's closer
to these places than just about EVERYONE else, but doesn't have beer)

So, for next time, we'll try the Golden Nugget at Irving Park and the
Kennedy.  I'll send the usual announcement before the date.  After we've
tried that, we can make a decision.