[UFO Chicago] ls access to a dictionary?

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Sun Apr 17 12:44:41 CDT 2005

I spent some time nosing around different FreeBSD packages to see if this
existed and didn't find anything, so I'll ask the list:

My girlfriend loves crossword puzzles and will frequently ask for my help.
I am 100% useless in that area however, and can't provide many answers.

It would be really useful though to offer ls access to a dictionary.  In
other words, I'd like an interface to find words whose length is known as
well as certain letters, but the whole word isn't known.

To whit:

#ls ?ni?
Unix?
#ls *ni?
unix
linux

etc etc

Anyone know if such a thing exists?

brian

ps The usual source - oneacross.com - is down and sucks anyway.