[UFO Chicago] "regime change"

Peter A. Peterson II pedro at tastytronic.net
Thu Nov 18 16:36:53 CST 2004

As you guys know, I have not been really present at UFO for... a long
time. I regret this, but unfortunately, that's the state of my life at
present. It will probably be some time before I can... if that time
even comes before I move away from Chicago in July of 2005.

So... I think we need an official "regime change" around here to
accompany the de facto one that has occurred.

For starters, I need a volunteer to take over the ufo.chicago.il.us
website. I am perfectly happy to continue hosting it on flynn, and
will give an account to whoever volunteers to do it (I'm hoping it's a
regular). If you want to leave it in ASCIIweb, great, but if you want
to change it, it won't hurt my feelings. The same goes for the mailing
lists --  someone should be in charge of the lists (dealing with admin
requests) and posting announcements of meetings. It's clear that you
guys already pretty much handle posting announcements -- first come
first served -- so however that works itself out is great.

I think that UFO Chicago is a cool and interesting group, and deserves
a little more coordination than the none that I've been giving it for
a long time. Sorry guys.

I don't know if you guys want to vote on someone taking over the
GREAT RESPONSIBILITY, or just have someone volunteer... but we should
discuss this so that we can make a decision and get things rolling.

Hopefully I can come sometime soon...

Uncle Pedro

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
 ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---