[UFO Chicago] The next NPOTechs meeting is 3/18/04

john stanton stanton at kacschgo.org
Wed Mar 17 09:03:58 CST 2004

Hello all,

Just a reminder...

The next NPOTechs meeting is almost upon us.

When: 7:00 PM-9:00 (ish) Thursday March 18, 2004

What: We will be planning our appearance at Community Technology Day. On
Saturday April 24 KACS will hold its Annual Community Tech day.Last year
NPOTechs offered classes on free/open source technolgy, handed out
Knoppix, GnuWin2, the OpenCD and swag courtesy of Red Hat, and helped
raffle off a computer system loaded with Debian/Knoppix.

This year NPOTechs will join KACS http://kacschgo.org , I.C.Stars
http://icstars.org, the Youth Community Technology Program, Free the
Future http://freethefuture.com, and the good folks of Tech-geeks.org to
bring community technology and preach the good Open Source/Free Software
news to the people. We are still adding participants, so if your
group/project isn't on the list come to the meeting and let us know you
want to be involved.

Last years event was attended by more than 200 people and this year we
expect twice that number.

Please come help us plan a really great event to bring the word to the
communuty!

Where:  KOREAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY SERVICES, 4300 NORTH CALIFORNIA AVE,
Chicago
IL

(100 Feet south of the intersection of Montrose and California Ave a map
is on our website).

Ample free parking across the street (feel free to bring your  bike
inside).

Tell a buddy, bring a friend.

John

To find out more about who we are and what we do go to
http://npotechs.org