[UFO Chicago] Jukebox / streaming audio suggestion?

Nate Riffe inkblot at movealong.org
Mon Jan 12 19:53:34 CST 2004

Just now Ian Bicking made 15 LEDs in my apartment flash with this:
> I'm planning to rip all my CDs to disk (probably in ogg format), and
> then I'd like to be able to play them at home or at work.  To play them
> at work especially, some sort of streaming server or similar system
> would probably be best, so long as I can control it well remotely.  I
> can install any client program I need.
>
> Has anyone here done something like this?  Is there particular software
> that has worked well or not?  Icecast?

I've done this before just using a network filesystem like SFS
(http://sfs.fs.net/).  It's probably not the most bandwidth-efficient
way to do it, but it's not terribly far off, either.

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot at movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--
pub  1024D/05A058E0 2002-03-07 Nate Riffe (06-Mar-2002) <inkblot at movealong.org>