[UFO Chicago] NPOTechs meeting 2/19/2004

john stanton stanton at kacschgo.org
Wed Feb 18 12:47:02 CST 2004

Hello all,

The next NPOTechs meeting is almost upon us.

When: 7:00 PM-9:00 (ish) Thursday February 19, 2004

What: Paul Suda, John Stanton and others will be talking about how you
can get involved in NPOTechs volunteer projects. We are working hard to
create resources that help people to get involved in capacity building
projects that match your tech skills with the needs of local non-profit
agencies.

In the last year volunteers have done server setup up, cabling, punch
downs, technical planning and consultancy, web-design, and much more.
This year we are looking to expand both the number of agencies we serve
and the variety of skills we bring to bear on our projects. These real
world experiences allow us to do good work in the community while giving
volunteers the opportunity to broaden their skill set with hands on
experience in a panoply of technical projects.

We want to continue our work, and expand it to offer even more to
non-profits and interested community members over the next year. We hope
that you will come out to the meeting and become a part of the cool
stuff that we do.

Don't miss it!

Where:  KOREAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY SERVICES, 4300 NORTH CALIFORNIA AVE,
Chicago
IL

(100 Feet south of the intersection of Montrose and California Ave a map
is on our website).

Ample free parking across the street (feel free to bring your  bike
inside).

Tell a buddy, bring a friend.

John

To find out more about who we are and what we do go to
http://npotechs.org