[UFO Chicago] Question: wireless internet access in Chicago?

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Dec 29 21:53:15 CST 2004

sjk wrote:
> JMHO, AWB is an example of what's wrong with a number of wisps - they
> flood areas with canopy signaling - creating more pollution, they have
> extremely high latency, and their network is not well managed. With the
> deployment of WiMax quality wireless offerings may appear next year in
> urban areas, but till then I'd suggest you avoid any mass market wisp.

This was indeed the service I was looking for.  Most of the reviews on
DSL reports echo what was on this list - it sucks.  (As for the suburban
guys - DLS and MC.net - I'd recommend them if anyone on this list lives
out there.)

It seems like Speakeasy OneLink is the best bet.  I'll give them a call
tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.