[UFO Chicago] Re: Geminid meteor showers Monday night

Jesse Becker jesse_becker at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 17:17:00 CST 2004

--- Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> I'm not Jesse,

I'm not Jesse either, but I play one on TV...or UFO
meetings..

> but about Main St. on the lake is
> generally a good place
> to go look at the night's sky.  At least if you're
> looking eastward.
> There are buildings to your west. :-)  I think it's maybe
> a half-mile
> from the Main St. El station.

As an added bonus, much of Evanston's lake front is
designated as a park.  Walking due east on Main will dump
you into one of them, and I think it is fairly short on
lights.  There are also parks at South Blvd (the S. Blvd L
stop), and up at Northwestern on the lakefill (Noyes stop).

The downside is there aren't any places to get provisions
near any of the places in Evanston.

The forcast is partly cloudy, and I expect that there is a
real chance of lake effect snow for Michigan.  Normally I
don't care, but it means there will be lots of junk in the
air to the east--which is where the shower will come from.

I'm not feeling so well either, so I probably will bow out
of whatever happens (and hope my apartment building isn't
hit by a meteor due to some spiteful god).

=====
Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint:  BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2