[UFO Chicago] UFO-RFP: YAV

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Fri Aug 13 15:53:17 CDT 2004

Larry Garfield said:
> Brian Sobolak wrote:
>
>> Here are my suggestions:
>>
>> 1.  Leona's on Elston.  Plenty of parking; easy walk from either Irving
>> Park bus or Addison blue line stop.  About 1 mile from the highway.
>> Serves drinks, not smokey.  Open til 10:30.
>
> Elston and what?  Address or intersection needed.  I only know them as a
> pizza shop / slightly pricey Italian place.  Not really a diner.

3877 N. Elston
Chicago , IL 60618
773-267-7287

I felt the same way you did for the Leona's at some of the busier locales.
 However, this one isn't terribly busy.  Also, they've revamped the menu
to make it slightly less pricey (imho).

>> 2.  A Golden Nugget.  There are Nugs at (Diversey and Western) and
>> (Pulaski and Diversey).  Plenty of room, open 24 hours.  No Wi-Fi and no
>> beer.  Easy to get to.
>
> The Golden Nuggets I've been to haven't really been setup to handle a
> group of 10.  They're generally booths designed for 4, or corner booths
> for 5-6.  We'd end up with several mini-meetings.  Other than that, they
> sound like a good deal.

Research required.  I'll report back on this one since memory doesn't help
me here.

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/