[UFO Chicago] line-in device?

lists@redboy.cx lists@redboy.cx
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:05:24 -0600

I'm trying to build a CD from some music that's been given to me; three of the tracks were handed to me on cassette tape. So, after I spent a half-hour trying to find some old relic to play these dinosaurs from my youth, I found that audacity wasn't being cooperative. When I play the tape into the line-in jack on my sound card, I can hear it through my speakers, but audacity doesn't hear anything at all. I've been playing around with the mixers to no avail. I'm wondering if I have audacity pointed at the wrong device for recording. I'm using the cs46xx.o OSS driver for my Fortissimo II card, and the device is /dev/dsp0. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Sten

--
"George W. Bush -- because bread lines aren't just for Soviets anymore!" --Jenny

"Conquerors always call themselves liberators." --Sami Abdul-Rahman, deputy prime minister of the Kurdish administration