[UFO Chicago] mailman is back

Lukas Eklund leklund at tastytronic.net
Mon Aug 11 13:40:41 EDT 2003

A couple of weeks ago pedro ran a rather large dist-upgrade on flynn (the
machine that hosts the ufo lists and website) which included a big jump up
in mailman, the list software we run. There were some major changes to the
config file directives. I found out later that other changes were needed in
the exim config file as well. What this means is that messages sent during
the first week of august made it into the archives but never got delivered
by exim to individual subscribers. It also means that there were THREE
announcements for the July 24 meeting. There
were only 4 messages lost in the shuffle:

1. Hello Thursday - Nate Riffe
http://tastytronic.net/pipermail/ufo/2003-July/001874.html

2. TNIUCNAV! - Pete Peterson
http://tastytronic.net/pipermail/ufo/2003-July/001873.html

3. TNIUNAV! - Larry Garfield
http://tastytronic.net/pipermail/ufo/2003-July/001875.html

4. To the person wanting to buy a notebook - Carey Tyler Schug
http://tastytronic.net/pipermail/ufo/2003-July/001876.html

If I had set up the right directors and transports in exim before
restarting mailman everything probably would have worked just great. Anyway,
everything _should_ be working smoothly now but please report any problems
with the list to myself or Peter.

--
Lukas Eklund
leklund at tastytronic.net