[UFO Chicago] On Ion and Mail clients...

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
23 Oct 2002 15:47:39 -0500

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 09:15, Jordan Bettis wrote:
> You might want to try aterm, it's both light weight and pretty (very
> powerful pseudo-transparency). Of course, if you're using ion, you're
> probably not going for looks.

Aterm is pretty much just rxvt with a few tweaks, but it wasn't working
quite right for me in Ion so I switched to rxvt.  I've used
gnome-terminal, but it was seriously lacking small usability issues --
like a keyboard shortcut for creating new tabs.  I don't know where it
is now.  Then I was using dzt, which has similar functionality to
gnome-terminal but worked way better for me -- you might want to give
that a try.  But now that Ion does the tabbing, that's superfluous to
me.

  Ian