[UFO Chicago] CD-R problems

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
22 Nov 2002 14:07:06 -0600

The first spindle of CDR I got was totally bad.  Actually very
frustrating, as I lost data due to it.  It definitely happens.

I've gotten generic blanks from here a couple times that have always
worked very well for me:
  http://www.cassettehouse.com/cdr-media---data---spindle.html
They don't seem to be carrying generic anymore, though... too bad.  I've
gotten TDK and Fuji blanks on sale before, and they've worked fine.  I
can't remember the bad brand's name, but it had "media" in it, and you
see them on sale for cheap quite often (Ultramedia? No...).