[UFO Chicago] Network fileshares

d.w. harks dave@psys.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:39:02 -0600

I've done several projects using CVS and it's great for what it
is. There's nothing like being able to see who put what into the
archive when, and to checkout the code as of a particular time and
date, whenever you wish.

The manaul intervention thing isn't that big of a deal, once you set
up the repository -- it does all the hard stuff for you. You just
have to remember to do a cvs commit when you're done working on
something, and it encourages you to detail what you've done at that
point -- which means change-logging is included in the process. (Yet
another benefit of that manual commit step!)

So I highly recommend CVS to anyone who works with evolving projects
-- it's the sort of thing where the more you need out of it, the
more you realize it already has waiting for you.

dave

--
 dave@psys.org	   http://www.psys.org/dw/