[UFO Chicago] Network fileshares

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:25:22 -0800

begin  Nate Riffe  quotation:
> > There's Coda, which I don't know much about... it sounds a lot
> > better, but also less mature.  Has anyone tried it?
>
> I took a breif look at Coda.  It was brief because I got to the part
> about setting up "Coda partitions" on the server.  I don't know if
> it still works that way or if the guys at CMU eventually got their
> heads out of their asses.  The features that Coda provides do sound
> pretty cool, though.

	Coda was a remarkably ambitious project.  It's still
continuing, but in that HURD sort of way right now.  Most of the folks
who wanted to see coda actually produce something *useful* took the
features that were least hideous to implement and then went to work on
Intermezzo.

	http://www.inter-mezzo.org/

Alan Cox seems to dig intermezzo.  Should be worth a look, although I
really worry about any filesystem that includes Perl code.

--
A: No.