[UFO Chicago] Laptop mounting bracket?

Jesse Becker jesse_becker@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:58:20 -0800 (PST)

--- "d.w. harks" <dave@psys.org> wrote:
> I don't have the mounting bracket or cable, but to solve
> the same problem recently I've used the Knoppix CD-based
> Linux distro to

Actually, I've got a semi-recent version of the Linuxcare
Rescue CD, as well as copies of Toms' Root Disk (which is a
pretty nifty little distribution).  Using those amounts to
the same thing.  The problem is that I suspect buggy
hardware :-( and even booting off a CD is no longer
reliable.  I want to completely remove the disk, and copy
the data, then I can start diagnosing what's going on.

I do appreciate the suggestion though.

I suppose that I should set up some form of automatic
backup for this thing, that'd save me a lot of grief...

--Jesse