Jordan Bettis jordanb@hafd.org
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:23:21 -0500

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 06:37:18PM -0500, Brian Sobolak wrote:

> Pedro wrote:
> >I hope that's not a computer that is solely dedicated to playing .ram
> files...

First of all, This is I think the first message I've ever seen that is both
quoted correctly and composted at the same time. I'd suggest Novell go back
to the drawing board.

> Umm...no.  But since you asked, I guess I'm going to have to introduce myself.
>
> I stumbled across this list while looking for hotspots in Chicago.
> Google let me to UFO (not sure how) which was actually good fortune, i
> since I used to participate in a similar group in Berkeley
> (www.weak.org/buug/).  My creds:  FreeBSD at home, OSX on the laptop,
> and cygwin at work (because I have to).

Ok, I understand work, but what's the excuse for the Laptop? If your BSDfoo
is so good, why do you feel the need to accept the proprietary crap from
Mr. Turtleneck? Is a few pretty buttons and some flashy colors all it takes
to make you forsake freedom? I think you need a reality adjustment.

> MyRealBox is a (poorly-named) free service from Novell to test their
> mail software.  It's free to send and receive messages.  Unlike most
> other free services, there aren't any ads in their messages.
> Provisional until I can get my mail server running at home.

Can you let Novell that it's supposed to line wrap at < 80 characters
after you change the OS on your laptop to something that dosen't suck?
Thanks.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how great your triumphs or how