[UFO Chicago] Wow, Score for O'Reilly!

Michael C. michaelc@subwaykid.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:02:17 -0400 (EDT)

> I wrote to our UG Program person at O'Reilly on a whim, because in the
> past my emails did not get through to her, and she said first of all,
> sorry, and secondly, does your group need any books?

lest anyone think otherwise, O'Reilly is very serious about giving away
books. they sent Free Geek literally a wall-length bookshelf row of
introductory books on everything. even though the current wealth of free
up-to-date web-based info on the kind of moving-target subjects (e.g.
perl, python libraries/keywords) that O'Reilly covers (I can't say I own
any of their books anymore, although I sometimes miss "unix power tools",
the ultimate bathroom reader), they are pretty awesome.

mc