[UFO Chicago] Wow, Score for O'Reilly!

Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:37:06 -0500

I wrote to our UG Program person at O'Reilly on a whim, because in the
past my emails did not get through to her, and she said first of all,
sorry, and secondly, does your group need any books?

She gave me this URL:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/prdindex.html

And said to look it over and see what our group could use.

I'd like some suggestions of books that could be of GENERAL use to the
group. I'll then email Marsee and tell her what we were thinking. I'm
guessing we could probably get like, 3 or 4 books (She didn't say).

I think we should also probably focus on books that relate to
free-software, so that probably rules out like, Dreamweaver books or
whatever.

Also, some people have some Java books that we got from O'Reilly. I
can't remember what the books are or who has them (Eliott and Nate, I
think) but if they could refresh us on what the books are, and then if
anyone else is interested, they could pass them on. OR, if they're
just not reading them, maybe I should get them back, just so we don't
forget about them.

Anyway, let me know!

Peter

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
 ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---