[UFO Chicago] Re: make linux connect to the evil attbi

j.bare j.bare@attbi.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:19:19 -0500

> Got an old pc?  Download IPCOP - configure for DHCP. Done.
>
> IPCOP is linux distro setup as a firewall out of the box.

Thanks for the suggestion.  So, what is my process? I download an .iso file
to my Win98 box (since it is the only thing that can connect to internet
right now), put it on a floppy, transfer floppy to RH machine, then what?
compile? install?

> PSS: the surfboard modem will allow for 7 different macs, so not
> an issue - if
> you overload it then unplug and wait 5 minutes.

I am not sure what you mean by "overload."  Also what am I overloading?

Joe Bare