[UFO Chicago] Dell PowerEdge 4200 w/Megaraid question

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:23:42 -0500

Hey all,

I have a Dell PowerEdge 4200 with an AMI MegaRAID in it.

I have the megaraid stuff all set up in the kernel -- the device shows
up (/dev/megaraid0) and it appears in /proc/scsi/scsi -- and I have
the array configured as a 4-disk RAID 5 array -- that's the hard part,
right?

So, my question is, what now? Does anyone know what the device files
are for a megaraid logical drive? Do I just makefs on it at this
point, or is there more raid voodoo i have to do to actually make it
appear as a disk?

Any help or direction pointing would be helpful.

Thanks,

pedro

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---