[UFO Chicago] THURSDAY NIGHT IS YOU-EFF-OH KNOW WHAT!

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:02:10 -0500

unclepedro's fascinating fact du jour:
--------------------------------------

In sixteenth century Europe, many druggists sold medicine made from
the powder of Egyptian mummies. Such "medicine" was considered good
for gout and catarrh and was often incorporated into products known
as "mummy balm" or "Egyptian salve." In 1564 someone named Guy de la
Fontaine attempted to corner the mummy market in Alexandria, a center
for the export of such commodities. He discovered that Alexandrian
merchants had for some time been selling the mummified remains of
derelicts who had died not so long before from a variety of rather
loathsome diseases. -- from 2201 Fascinating Facts by David Louis

BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!

Today, Thursday, July 11th is UFO Chicago Night at Georges... I mean
Victoria's... er. whatever it's called now -- the sign still says
George's so I'm going to keep calling it George's, dag-nabbit!

8:00 PM until about 11:30, 3224 W. Foster Avenue.

For more information, please see: http://ufo.chicago.il.us/

             ,==.      .:FREE:.
            /  66\     SOFTWARE  ...are you curious about Free
            \c  -_)    '::::::'    Software, just like this strange
             `) (                    monkey/baby thing/person?
            /   \ \      |       WONDER NO MORE! SHOW UP TONIGHT!
            / / /  |~~~                      -- unclepedro

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---