[UFO Chicago] New laptop HD

Sean Neakums sneakums@ufo.chicago.il.us
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:12:49 +0100

commence  Nate Riffe quotation:

> Just now Jesse Becker made 15 LEDs in my apartment flash with this:
>> Now, I've heard tell that there are adapters that can be used in
>> full sized drive bays to access laptop drives.  Anyone have one or
>> know where to get one?
>
> My favorite adapter for odd-sized drives is the DT adapter, which
> can house a drive of any size.  The only thing you need worry about
> is the bus, which ought to be IDE on your laptop.  DT adapters can
> be found in any hardware store under the name "duct tape".

The cable connector on 2.5" drives is different, though.  It's smaller
and has the power lines integrated into it.  I wouldn't worry about
mounting the drive itself securely, unless you live on a boat or
something.

--
Sean Neakums - <sneakums@ufo.chicago.il.us> --- --- -- -
Director of International Operations, UFO Chicago - -- -