[UFO Chicago] New laptop HD

Jesse Becker jesse_becker@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

In the hopes of steering the UFO list away from degenerating further, I have
a real question.

I my laptop has a 4GB hard disc that is almost always near full (yes, yes, I
know...I'll get rid of the hot grits/Natalie Portman pics tomorrow.
Promise).  I recently got a 10GB drive as well, and I'd like to migrate from
one disc to the other.  Were this a desktop system, I just install the new
drive, and dump/restore/reboot.  Alas, this I cannot do since there just
aren't ports or plugs or cables for me to use.

Now, I've heard tell that there are adapters that can be used in full sized
drive bays to access laptop drives.  Anyone have one or know where to get
one?

The other idea is boot another laptop I have off a CD, and just dump
everything over the net from disc to disc.  I've done this before, but it's
been a while.  Anyone want to lend their thoughts, and generate some
non-flame list trafffic?

--Jesse