[UFO Chicago] setting up mutt mail

John Kilbourne jkilbour@pol.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:28:58 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the tip about /etc/rc.local/ to configure my ppp0. I'll
try it tonight when I get home from work. I thought that since I can
connect to the web now,email would automatically go where it is
pointed: i.e., I thought my machine would sort out  email addresses
through the same DNS resolution that it uses to load web pages. But
I tried using mutt to send myself a letter yesterday (to my web-based
account), but it did not go through.

How do I tell the mutt its address, so it can receive and send and
receive mail outside my own little network of one user?