[UFO Chicago] UFO -- another pizza night?

Nate Riffe inkblot@movealong.org
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:12:59 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:

> Quoting John Kilbourne:
> > Pizza sounds good to me. Please post a location for those lurkers
> > who will want to attend.
>
> Ok! It's on.
>
> Nate, would you please repost your navigational information for
> Gulliver's Pizzeria and I shall update the webpage.

Gulliver's Pizzeria is on Howard Street approximately 1/2 block east of
California Avenue.

The Best Way To Get There From Anywhere In The City is to take the Red
Line to Howard (the end of the line) and transfer to the 97 Skokie bus.
The 97 bus leaves Howard Station every twenty minutes at the time of night
we're talking about.  It's about a two to three minute ride from the
station.

- From certain specific other locations, there are better ways to get there.

If you are originating at North Park University or the vicinity thereof,
proceed to Kedzie Avenue between Lawrence and Foster, where you can catch
the 93 North California bus.  The 93 North California bus will take you
directly to Howard and California.  Get off and proceed east toward
Gulliver's.

If you are originating from Logan Square, proceed to either Western Avenue
or Kimball Avenue.  If you choose Western, board the 49 Western or X49
Western Express bus northbound and disembark at Western Station on the
Brown line, and transfer to the 49B North Western bus.  The 49B North
Western bus will terminate at Howard Street where you should turn west and
walk the remaining three or four blocks to Gulliver's.  If you choose
Kimball, board the 82 Kimball/Homan bus northbound and disembark at
Lawrence, in the vicinity of North Park University.  Board the 93 North
California bus at Kimball and Lawrence and disembark at Howard Street,
where you will walk east to Gulliver's.

If for whatever reason you find yourself at Old Orchard Mall in Skokie
before the meeting, take the Pace 215 bus and get off on Howard Street
when you see Gulliver's.  We will proceed to call you weird.

> This THURSDAY, we're having a PIZZA PARTY!

At the regularly scheduled 8:00 meeting time?  Or at 9:00 like the last
PIZZA PAR-TAY?

- -Nate