[UFO Chicago] All our troubles are over!

Jordan Bettis jordanb@hafd.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:55:09 -0600

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

So, I saw a message with "flames to /dev/null", and I started thinking
"we really need a way to send flames to /dev/null". So I made an email
address that will do just that. For example:

Jan  8 17:43:05 trillian postfix/qmgr[17800]: 2D11BF3B5: from=3D<root@hafd.=
org>, size=3D284 (queue active)
Jan  8 17:43:05 trillian postfix/local[17813]: 2D11BF3B5: to=3D<null@hafd.o=
rg>, relay=3Dlocal, delay=3D0, status=3Dsent (/dev/null)

Then I put:
my_hdr Flame-To: null@hafd.org
in my .muttrc

And there we go! Once this becomes standard, a whole new wave of=20
amicablity and politeness will sweep the net, stopping fights before
they start. This will make all of the ugliness on the Internet (except
goatse.cx) instantly disappear and be replace with peace and love and
companionship.

I'm quite proud of myself, I must say.

--=20
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
Because of its vitality, the computing field is always in desperate need of=
=20
new cliches: Banality soothes our nerves.
          -- Alan J Perlis: Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN 1982

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--