[UFO Chicago] New Linux Website

Mike Cathey mpcathey@catt.com
09 Dec 2002 15:30:49 -0500

--=-cqQEcQJuvgSubcBf2k4R

Peter,

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 14:52, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:
> In case you haven't thought of this yet, be forwarned that if you ever
> have to filter 5000 messages at once (say, after a significant crash)
> SA will bring your box to it's *knees*.

What kind of system are we talking about here (spec-wise)?  Is it using
spamd?  I've ran across some alternative daemons that were supposed to
be faster or provide more features, but I lost track of them. :\

I'd be interested to know what kind of volume others on the list that
are using SA are handling and what hardware they're running it on.

I'm considering setting up a box just for filtering that would
filter/tag/forward to the backend MX for delivery.

We're a rather smallish shop.  The existing MX (with procmail as the
LDA) is handling between 170-285k messages per week, depending on how
quickly we catch/quarantine the client machines infected with outlook
viruses.

Cheers,

Mike

--=-cqQEcQJuvgSubcBf2k4R