[UFO Chicago] Microsoft-free car for sale!

Jesse Becker jesse_becker@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

So, I've got a car that is 99.9%[1] non-free software
(user-modifiable)[2] free that I need to sell *SOON*.
"Soon", in this case means "by Friday".

It's a '87 Honda Accord.  Has a bunch of miles on it (over
150,000 if I recall).  The inside is a mess, and there's
problems with the front axle.

The price?  $300 (negotiable).  I'm selling it "as-is", so
when it breaks, you get to keep the pieces.

Why am I selling it?  Because the Virginia registration
that it currently has expires at the end of the month, my
wife and I don't need two cars, I don't want to deal with
the IL DMV more than I have to, and if I can provide a UFO
person with some wheels in the process then that's good
carma[3] for me.

If anyone is interested, email me and we can talk (I'll
provide my phone number in private email).

[1] I'm hedging my bets.
[2] Firmware and things that require special hardware
excluded.  Besides, this makes the email kinda on topic,
right?
[3] Yuck, yuck.