[UFO Chicago] Re: ufo digest, Vol 1 #303 - 6 msgs

jjbenham@chicagoguitar.com jjbenham@chicagoguitar.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 07:26:56 -0500

> What else should I be looking at, or is this something that's not quite
> mature enough on GNU-friendly platforms yet?

I would try some of the programs listed here:
http://sound.condorow.net/dp_choice.html
look under the heading "Speech Stuff".
This page is a listing of David Phillips favorite linux programs.  Dave is
the author of the book Linux Music and Sound.  He is currently working on a
sequel to it.  On his site he suggests transcribor
http://www.etca.fr/CTA/gip/Projets/Transcriber/

Dave's site is:
http://sound.condorow.net/

He has links to loads of linux sound apps with brief description.  I find
it very usefull.

I thought about looking in to voice transcription. Let me know how it works
out for you.

Jeremiah