[UFO Chicago] [declan@well.com: FC: FBI releases advisory about 802.11-spotting "wardriving"]

Larry Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:22:16 -0500

Well, in theory they may be correct, it's like tapping someone's cable
line for "free cable".  On the other hand, one could just as easily
argue that a company that has open APs that anyone can easily access is
not taking reasonable measures to protect their service, making it more
of a broadcast network like analog TV.  (Now, using that connection to
hack into the company's server's is still a felony, because it's illegal
entry, not illegal use.)

Discuss.