[UFO Chicago] #tron is related?

Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:46:12 -0500

Quoting Nate Riffe:
> The channel is rarely about UFO.  Sometimes it's about free software.
> Mostly it's a hangout for Tastytronic Industries board of directors.

Part of the reason that #tron can seem rather random (as Nick hinted) is
the large mass of in-jokes that have collected over the last 3 years
(yes folks, three years of #tron).

Also, I like how Nick says:

> The #tron channel is now a large section of friends and
> well-wishers for Pedro and myself,

Haha! They're wishing Nick and I well. Isn't that great! We have our
own little fan club!

Seriously though, I don't think that Nick meant that the people on
#tron other than he and myself are just our "well-wishers" but that
for the most part, the people in #tron fall into two categories: his
friends, and my friends. And then we just become FRIENDS. Isn't that
just the tenderest sentiment you've heard all day?

Anyway, #tron is not UFO, and it's definitely it's own weird little
subculture, but it's great and you're welcome to come hang out there
with us... provided you use a Free Software IRC client.

If you're using The Other OS, a very easy way to get a Free client
would be to install Mozilla 1.0, which is a swell browser and includes
ChatZilla.

pedro

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---