[UFO Chicago] #tron is related?

Nate Riffe inkblot@movealong.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:08:35 -0500

Just now Bhaskar S. Manda made 15 LEDs in my apartment flash with this:
> > begin  Bhaskar S. Manda  quotation:
> > > Is the channel #tron at irc.zork.net related to UFO? Is it the chat
> > > channel serving some multi-player game? (Yes, I have been in  a
> > > cave).
> > 	The #tron channel is now a large section of friends and
> > well-wishers for Pedro and myself, with the occasional troll and
> > slashnet operator thrown in for spice.  I should warn you right now,
> > though, that most of us have automatic filters to kick out anyone who
> > comes in using a proprietary OS or IRC client.  It's certainly not
> > officially related with much of anything as a result (except for
> > perhaps the crackmonkey mailing list, which has a similar policy).
>
> It was wierd last night when I stopped by (using bitchx on Debian). There was
> a <crackmonkey> going on about mushroom clouds, and some others about
> "trollfest", and none of it seemed to mesh together into threads. It seemed
> like everybody was watching a common thing like a game and commenting upon it.
> Anyway, I saw the web page and assumed people on the channel would be talking
> about whatever UFO is about. I never assume of course, except when I do.

That might have been the night CrackMonkey and emad were nuking my
island in order to get a foothold from which they could conquer me in
a wild game of freeciv (`apt-get install freeciv freeciv-gtk`).  Seems
I had splendid shore defenses but my ground troops were lacking.

The channel is rarely about UFO.  Sometimes it's about free software.
Mostly it's a hangout for Tastytronic Industries board of directors.

-Nate

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot@movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--
Wealth is the lowest form of greatness.