[UFO Chicago] #tron is related?

Bhaskar S. Manda bhaskar@cacmnet.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:37:37 -0500

> begin  Bhaskar S. Manda  quotation:
> > Is the channel #tron at irc.zork.net related to UFO? Is it the chat
> > channel serving some multi-player game? (Yes, I have been in  a
> > cave).
> 	The #tron channel is now a large section of friends and
> well-wishers for Pedro and myself, with the occasional troll and
> slashnet operator thrown in for spice.  I should warn you right now,
> though, that most of us have automatic filters to kick out anyone who
> comes in using a proprietary OS or IRC client.  It's certainly not
> officially related with much of anything as a result (except for
> perhaps the crackmonkey mailing list, which has a similar policy).

It was wierd last night when I stopped by (using bitchx on Debian). There was
a <crackmonkey> going on about mushroom clouds, and some others about
"trollfest", and none of it seemed to mesh together into threads. It seemed
like everybody was watching a common thing like a game and commenting upon it.
Anyway, I saw the web page and assumed people on the channel would be talking
about whatever UFO is about. I never assume of course, except when I do.