[UFO Chicago] #tron is related?

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:20:13 -0700

begin  Bhaskar S. Manda  quotation:
> Is the channel #tron at irc.zork.net related to UFO? Is it the chat
> channel serving some multi-player game? (Yes, I have been in  a
> cave).

	Well, I run zork.net, and irc.zork.net is just a cname over to
irc.slashnet.org.

	The #tron channel predates UFO, and was originally a channel
for a tron mailing list that pedro and I were both on.  That was back
before he was even using Linux!

	The #tron channel is now a large section of friends and
well-wishers for Pedro and myself, with the occasional troll and
slashnet operator thrown in for spice.  I should warn you right now,
though, that most of us have automatic filters to kick out anyone who
comes in using a proprietary OS or IRC client.  It's certainly not
officially related with much of anything as a result (except for
perhaps the crackmonkey mailing list, which has a similar policy).

--
Jack Valenti is to the American film viewer and the American public
as the Boston strangler is to the woman home alone.