[UFO Chicago] Feasibility of e-bomb (EMP) technology

Mills Reece-RMILLS1 reecemills@motorola.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:51:43 -0500

EMP is very real and very hard to protect against.  An atomic blast up in
the upper atmosphere will do almost nothing in the way of physical or
radioactive fall-out damages, but the pulse will render almost all solid
state / micro-electronic devices useless.  The effects are almost always
effective to a large degree and if you consider the amount of unshielded
devices (almost all are suseptable) there are in use in our National
Infrastructure (Electrical Plants, Factories, Refineries, telecomm, alarm
clocks, coffee makers, televisions, radios, etc.), just look around.

The feasability is another thing altogether though.  Un and Underdeveloped
countries will not have the resources to get an "E-Bomb" as you refer to it,
into the upper atmosphere to facilitate an electronic black-out, they don't
care about having anything left after an attack and they are just more
likely to deliver their "payload" to you personally.

So... Don't worry about it.  ;)

Raymond Reece Mills

Vice President of Outside Sales and Marketing

UFO Chicago