[UFO Chicago] qmail configuration

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
20 Nov 2001 17:41:54 -0600

For all its (many) flaws, combined with vmailmgr
(http://www.vmailmgr.org) qmail was by far the easiest/most robust mail
system for name-based virtual domains that I could find.  Postfix didn't
have the supporting programs, community, or documentation.  I never even
considered sendmail, exim was possible, and I wasn't super-concerned
about security, but it just didn't have all the pieces.

Of course, I still have more work to do with vmailmgr, since after going
through much much pain with that (also due to stupid qmail configuration
problems) I stopped once it basically worked.